Thursday, April 12, 2007

Me, Myself and I...

I thought I'd better drag this blog (at least in part) kicking and screaming into the realm of illustration again, thus making it worth of the URL it sports. So here, without further ado is, is the next stage in the evolution of my London self portrait...

I've tried a few new tricks in this image, including trying to get a spray painted effect on the phone boxes which I think has worked but needs refining. I think the clouds have added a nice dimension to it as well. I have a load of things I want to try now, I just need to find the time...

Opinions and feedback are welcome - what do you think, guys?

P.S. It's so hot in the office today!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chrissie A said...

I think this is terrific! Love the simple pencil portrait contrasting with the photo-graphics in the background, and those lovely colors. The whole thing is nicely composed.

My only problem with it is that I don't get a nice BIG version when I click on it! ;)

(Love the hat, too.)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Chrissie A said...

Ahhhh, that's better! Details can be seen! Thanks, Ben--lovely piece of work.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good stuff Ben keep it up.

Nick

P.S. http://community.livejournal.com/i_am_rare/190045.html

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home