Wednesday, September 05, 2007

AOTM - September 2007: Will Barras

http://www.willbarras.com/

I'm a bit late again, but here's Septembers AOTM. This guy has been waiting in the wings for months, so it's about time I gave him the credit he deserves. I've been a fan of Barras' work since I found a 'Discover Young Hackney' poster, and a brochure (see above) at The Castle. The beautiful, sketchy
cover caught my eye straight away, so I picked up a copy to take away for closer inspection. It has been sat on my desk at work ever since, and is well thumbed. I've spent ages studying his very loose, flowing pencil lines, and mix of media to create really captivating! The brochure features a huge selection of his images, as well as a photo of him in the back showing his work to a group of young Hackney residents (which I assume he has just discovered... Taking his own advice, I like that). Anyway, if you like what you see, have a look at his site, and you'll see just how diverse and experimental he is. I look forward to seeing more of his work in the future.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home