Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Angels Hung Around Islington...

Last night I went to see Rilo Kiley at the tiny little venue that is Islington Academy. It was their first gig in London for a about three years (I think), and they were superb! The new album only came out on Monday, so I'd only really listened to it through once, but the new songs they did play (which was all of them, bar one!) sounded great and really familiar which was nice. From the new songs, I especially enjoyed Breakin' Up, Smoke Detector, Dejalo, Moneymaker and Close Call. There were a few old favourites in there as well , including Portions for Foxes which I was very happy about! Jenny's voice is absolutely amazing - I urge anyone reading this to check them out if you haven't already.

Here's a couple of photos from the gig...




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home