Monday, September 17, 2007

Banksy...

Farringdon is a bit of a hotspot for graffiti (or more accurately, the "street art" end of the spectrum as opposed to the pointless "tagging"). Wandering around, surveying the landscape (along with my trusty Banksy books) has meant that I have found and photographed all of the "Farringdon four" Banksy placard rats, as well as a couple of others which have luckily been spared by the council whitewashing. I've started to assemble them into a Flickr set as well for those that are interested. I've got the locations of a few more around London as well, and I'm determined to find them!

It seems that Banksy's not the only one plying his trade around the Smithfield area either. At the beginning of last week, a fairly sizeable section of fence panelling, right by the meat market, was being repainted. I noticed the council workers doing it, but paid them no mind. It wasn't until Amy and I were walking past last Friday that I noticed that it had been freshly adorned with what looked to be (after reading this blog) the work of a guy called Eine. It seems that he's responsible for a lot of typography based street art, especially around the Brick Lane/Whitechapel area. It seems like another trip down there is on the cards again soon. How will I ever manage...


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home