Thursday, October 25, 2007

AOTM - October 2007: Kate Miller



http://www.kate-miller.com/
You know how it is. Every now and then, you'll be working on an image (or some such other piece creative-creativeness) and, even though you're excited, motivated and really want produce something great, whenever you try and get in touch with her, all you recieve from the creative muse is an 'Out Of Office' reply. It's frustrating. The ideas are there, and in your head they look wonderful, but you just can't quite get them nailed down. I was in such a situation this week. I'm always genuinely excited when I'm asked to produce DVD covers for Hipfans releases, but the current one just seemed to be a non-starter. I have no idea why, but it was.

So, in order to kickstart things, I decided that it was time to trawl the web in search of the missing inspiration. And who was the first name my brain plucked out of it's archive of illustrators that I love? None other than the fantastic Kate Miller. It was perfect. Kate's colourful and organic work has just the sort of feel I was after, and her unique grasp of composition helped me to steer my way through the mental blockade. I only hope that I can one day have a similar loose but confident flare to my drawing style. It's not easy.

Take a look at her site, and enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home