Sunday, September 30, 2007

EuroHip: Day 7

I was awoken early (around 6am) by a knock at the door. Snoo's taxi had arrived to take her to the airport. I said a sleepy goodbye before drifting off again for another couple of hours. At around 9:30am I'm awake again, and getting ready to go. I've arranged to meet the guys at the hostel - on todays schedule: The Heineken Experience! It's another grim and drizzly day, as I make my way to the hostel (via the bakery). As I arrive, it seems that everyone else is running behind schedule - I thought it was just me... While we wait for people to get ready, I transfer some photos off my camera to free up some space for the day (and night). The first port of call before the brewery though is for food. It's pushing lunchtime now so we head for The Hard Rock Cafe for food (in mammoth quantities! Once we're finally finished (the speed of service left a bit to be desired), we started wandering along to the Heineken Brewery. There's plenty to see along the way, so the journey is slowed down some what by myself, Trevor C and Adrian taking photos. We arrive at the experience and head straight in. We managed to get cheap tickets at the hostel, which means we don't need to queue - and we saved ourselves some cash! Winner! We collect our free beer chips and begin to look around. I have to say that The Heineken Experience is one of the best museum/tour things I've been on with loads to see and do. There's also a lot of interactive elements which makes it much more interesting than just seeing how the beer's made. We planned to be in there for about an hour and a half, but by the time we leave, we'd been in there closer to three hours! It was easy to lose track of time... We wander back towards town. Some of the guys go shopping, but I pop back to the hotel to sort a few things out, and then we re-convene at the hostel, load up the gear and head to the venue again. It's nice having two nights at the same place, especially when the place is as nice as the Paradiso! After a short stint waiting in line, we're in and fan out into our various positions. I set up shop pretty much directly opposite to where we were the night before. Matt joins me on the balcony which is nice. Once the gears set up, we relax and watch The Junes again. In between we chat about which songs we're hoping for that night - spookily enough, the band must have been listening! The first two songs that sprung to mind were 'Inevitability of Death' and 'The Dire Wolf' and sure enough, those two would make an appearance (back-to-back no less! Amazing!) The rest of the show turns out to be an absolute stormer, and easily the best of the tour so far! I had a feeling it would be...

26/09/2007 - The Paradiso, Amsterdam Setlist:

The Lonely End Of The Rink

New Orleans Is Sinking

Inevitability Of Death

The Dire Wolf

Yer Not The Ocean

Ahead By A Century

In View

Courage (For Hugh Maclennan)

Nautical Disaster

Pretend
Fireworks

Locked In The Trunk Of A Car

Long Time Running

The Kids Don’t Get It

Fully Completely

Blow At High Dough
===

Family
Band
The Magnificent Seven (The Clash Cover)

Fire In The Hole

After the gig, we head out again in search of beer and food, and finally we say our goodbyes as Chris, Trevor C and Dave will be heading back to Canada the following. I make my way back to the hotel to prepare for my solo adventure down to Belgium...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home