Friday, September 21, 2007

EuroHip: Day 2

It feels soooo good to be on holiday! And it's even better knowing that last night was just he beginning. I made record time from the office to Leicester Square where I met up with the guys (with the exception of Mark who arrives today) in the Yates's there. We had a few beers and a good chat! Everyone was really friendly and chatty, and it felt like I'd been friends with them all for ages (which, I guess, with the power of the internet, I have been.) We sank a few drinks in Leicester Square, before hoping on a tube two stops to Green Park. The ticket gates seemed to have it in for Chris though, as it took him about five attempts to get in or out of either station! From Green Park we made our way The Hard Rock Cafe where we were shown round 'The Vault' (and it literally is that!) by a guy called Dan. He was very cool, and knowledgeable and we chatted to him and took photos of the various exhibits (my personal favourite being Eddie Vedder's acoustic guitar with the hand written lyrics to 'Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town' taped to the side!). We were supposed to eat in the Hard Rock, but due to a few drinks, jet lag and a long wait for the table, all the guys from Canada decided to head home. Matt, Emma, Snoo and I stayed and had some food, some more drinks and set the music world to rights before going our seperate ways. It's all beginning again in a couple of hours, so I really think I should get myself motiviated! It's the London gig tonight which I'm really excited about. I'm really happy that the first gig is in London - It makes it all the more special for me. It doesn't feel like it's actually happening tonight, but I'm sure as soon as the band hit the stage it'll all become very real! Stay tuned...

(Oh, and I'll be tracking the journey in photo form here. Enjoy.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home