Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A change in the weather...


Recently, over at the IS, we've had a CD compilation exchange. The theme was 'A change in the Weather' which was inspired by the change of the seasons from Summer to Autumn, but the brief was widened to also include any real change in your life. I was pleased with my compilations, and even more so with the cover. I knew that although the brief wasn't strictly tailored to that subject, I wanted to keep the Autumnal feel. I struggled for a while getting something I was happy with, but once I had the branch and the bird in place, it all seemed to fit together. I'm starting to find the best way is to just to throw everything at the image and then cut it back until you're left with something you're happy with. It seemed to do the trick at any rate.
The lucky (or perhaps not so) recipient of my CD was Paula Bowles. I hope she's enjoying it. The tracklist was as follows...
01 Manic Street Preachers - Faster
02 The Tragically Hip - My Music At Work
03 Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror
04 Rush - The Spirit Of Radio
05 Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes
06 The Samshing Pumpkins - Today
07 Death Cab for Cutie - Why You'd Want To Live Here
08 The Cooper Temple Clause - Who Needs Enemies?
09 Tool - Stinkfist
10 Incubus - Aswethinkweis
11 Ben Folds Five - Alice Childress
12 Steve Vai - Sisters
13 Boards of Canada - Telephasic Workshop
14 The Postal Service - Sleeping In
15 Rush - Closer To The Heart
16 The Tragically Hip - Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good choice of BoC track, I haven't heard any of the other tracks though so I might have to grab a copy (with artwork pls k thx).

8:32 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Like the cover, lovely colours and textures.
P.x

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home