Tuesday, May 01, 2007

AOTM - May 2007: Tim Marrs



www.timmarrs.co.uk

For the first entry in my (hopefully) regular 'Artist of the Month' series, I have decided to start with the man who has provided no end of inspiration in the shaping of my illustration work since leaving university: Tim Marrs. I don't really know what I can say about him, or his artwork which cannot be said clearer, or more concisely than by the images themselves. I have spent a long while studying and disecting his creations, and find the layers upon layers of images, textures and text within his Photoshop/traditional hybrid images fascinating. I love to attempt to figure out how his pieces have been produced, and I was quietly proud when, after reading an interview with him in Digital Creative magazine, that my detective work was, by and large, on the money!

He is currently represented by the Central Illustration Agency, and his work seems to be in high demand (which just proves that there are AD's out there with good taste!). He recently landed a large commission from Nike to produce a illustrations for the new look 'Brand Jordan' - two of my idols meeting can only be a good thing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

i love this arist of the month idea. it is interesting to read about where your inspiration comes from. i enjoyed reading your post about tim marrs and am going to have a closer look at his work.
dx

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lunabee said...

Great idea Ben, i'll be checking back to see who else you have up here :)
The I.F briefs are on the main home page on the left hand side on orange writing i believe! :) x

4:20 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

I especially like the top image.
Penny.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home