Tuesday, September 18, 2007

EuroHip Top Ten...

Photo by the extremely talented Trevor Connell

As anyone who reads this blog regularly (or indeed, at all) you'll probably be aware that EuroHip begins this Friday in London with the first show at the Astoria! I'm currently feeling like a coiled spring at Christmas (imagine that!). It's been over a year since I saw the Hip last (at Shepherds Bush Empire) and in that time, I have gone from casual fan to obsessive - What a difference 365+ days makes, eh? This time round, one show just isn't enough so I'm (along with Snoo and a bunch of die-hards from Canada) heading off to mainland Europe to take in another four shows over there - I. Cannot. Wait.
I've decided to complile a list of tracks that I'm hoping to hear across the next week! Some are fairly safe bets I reckon, and some are a bit more left field (based on what they've been playing recently). They are a band that are full of suprises though, so never say never ('We'll Go To' at SBE, anyone?!). So, here (in alaphbetical order) are the top ten songs, which weren't played last year, I'm hoping to hear over the next week or so - I hope you enjoy them...
1979 (Smashing Pumpkins cover)
Chargrin Falls
Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man
Family Band
Fiddler's Green
Inevitability of Death
Pigeon Camera
Silver Jet
The Dire Wolf
Vaccination Scar

Of course, I'll be happy with whatever they play...

Not long now!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger -chris said...

I like the list Ben... and I. Cannot. Wait. Either.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home