Tuesday, July 24, 2007

AOTM - July 2007: James Carey




Sorry it's a bit late this month!...

Anyway, I was having trouble deciding on who to feature as this months AOTM, until I was wandering around WH Smiths on Oxford Street on Saturday. I was surveying the magazines as I often do, when the beautifully illustrated, lastest issue of 'Golf Punk' caught my eye. I regonised the style instantly as being that of Mr. James Carey. I first came across Carey's work while searching for inspiration on the Debutart website (and there certainly was inspiration a plenty on there!). In much the same way as Laura Quick (June's AOTM) JC's work helped to shape my with the mix of pencil/pen drawings and digital additions. He has a really great, detailed yet minimal style of drawing which is really interesting - Check him out...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home